Plant Exhibit Set-Up:
Thursday, February 8, 2018 – 8 am to 10 pm
Exhibitors may begin to unload and set up at 8 am. This applies to booths and displays. Note that the Westminster Mall Management will designate the showroom locations in early February, and as soon as we have the locations we will notify all exhibitors and post the information here.
Take Down: Sunday, February 11, 2018 – 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm
This applies to booths and displays. Take down time is not to begin until 6 pm.
Judging Categories: AOS Judging, CSA Judging, and Ribbon Judging. Judging will take place on Friday morning, February 9, beginning at 8:00 am and should be concluded by noon.
Plant Registration: In-person plant registration will be accepted between 10 am – 8pm on Thursday, February 8. Plant Registration Form is available to print out in advance or can be filled out at the Show.
The “Orchid Expo Show” is open to all who wish to exhibit their orchids.
Plants may be entered in one classification only. NO CROSS FILING.
To be eligible for judging, a plant must have been grown by the exhibitor for 120 days prior to the show. Other plants may be entered for “exhibit only.”
- The show committee is responsible for the final assignment of exhibitor space in this document.
- All orchid plants are to be properly labeled.
- Exhibitors are responsible for the lighting of their display.
- Exhibitors must use fireproof materials.
- Management has the authority to exclude or disqualify any display under competition not conforming to show standards and regulations.
- All exhibits will be reviewed by a team of impartial judges based on criteria used for AOS display judging including the exhibit design, quality of plants and flowers, number of plants.
- Plants may not to be removed from an exhibit before 6:00 pm on Sunday, February 11.
- Exhibitors are to restore their display space to its original state (all trash removed). Show provides large trash containers outside. Please crush all cartons, etc.
Plants can be registered in-person between 10 am – 8pm on Thursday, February 8. Plant Registration Form is available to print out in advance or can be filled out at the Show. Exhibitors will be given a printed label for each plant they register, which is to be affixed to a leaf or a visible location on the plant.
Parking will be permitted in the loading docks for the purpose of unloading all plants and materials. This applies to vendors, orchid societies, and individual exhibitors.
After exhibitors have unloaded their plants in the loading dock areas, vehicles are to be relocated to designated areas in the parking lots. All parking regulations, fire zones, red curbs, loading zones, etc. will be enforced.