Plant Judging Rules
This year’s show theme is “Romancing the Orchid.”
1. This show is open to all who wish to exhibit their orchids including vendors, societies, and individual hobbyists. Plants may be entered in one classification only. NO CROSS FILING. To be eligible for a judging, a plant must be grown by the exhibitor for 180 days. Other plants may be entered for “exhibit only.”
All orchid plants must be properly labeled.
2. Exhibitors can print a hard copy of the Plant Registration Form in advance, fill out, and submit it between 10 am – 8 pm on Thursday, February 8, 2018, at the Westminster Mall. Registration forms are also available on the setup day. The location of the plant must be indicated on the registration card. Please indicate the judging requested: ribbon judging, AOS and/or CSA.
3. Each exhibitor agrees upon making entries, to abide by the rules and regulations of the show as described in this document.
4. The Show Committee reserves the right to refuse entry of any plant or flower thought to be diseased or infested.
5. All plants and exhibits must remain on display throughout the show.
No entries, plants, or ribbons may be removed until 6:00 pm, Sunday, February 11.
6. Every precaution and effort will be taken by the Show Committee to protect the property of exhibitors. The Newport Harbor Orchid Society, Westminster Mall, and the Show Committee will not be responsible for theft, loss or damage to plants, materials, or property.
7. Tables, linens and chairs will be furnished by the Show Committee. All other materials must be furnished by the exhibitor or vendor and must be flameproof.
8. All rules and regulations described above will be strictly enforced in the interest of the Show and fairness to all participants.
9. Judging will commence at 9:00 a.m. on Friday, February 9 and should be completed by 12:00 noon.
10. The competitive system of judging will be used for awards. First. Second, Third, and Honorable Mention ribbons will be awarded in each group. If without merit, judges will make no award. Ribbons will be awarded in each class if warranted. No judge may judge his/her own plant(s).
11. All entries checked in by officials of the Show will be entered for competitive judging unless otherwise stated on the entry form. All plants must be clearly labeled legibly with the name or cross in order to be judged. Unlabeled plants may be entered for exhibit only.